WELCOME TO THE UBC DIVISIONS OF CARDIOLOGY & CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY
The UBC Divisions of Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery are internationally recognized for our comprehensive range of tertiary and quaternary cardiovascular services and programs, delivered at several sites in British Columbia, including world-renowned St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia Hospital, and Mount Saint Joseph Hospital.
Click here to read about Our world-renowned cardiologists and cardiac surgeons who work closely with resident doctors, allied health professionals, and researchers to provide exemplary general and specialized cardiac care to patients across the province.
Click here for information on how to prepare for your appointment and cardiac tests, our locations and contact information, our current clinical trials, and information on your specific test or condition.
FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
Click here for the Regional Cardiology Referral Form for all our cardiologists and general and specialty clinics, referral forms for our diagnostic investigations, and information on our specialty clinics. Also click here for information about our research and training programs.
- Dr. Tara Sedlak Wins the 2020 Canadian Women’s Heart Health Advocacy Award We are extremely pleased to announce that Dr. Tara Sedlak has won the 2020 Canadian Women's Heart Health Advocacy Award. This prestigious award recognizes Dr. Sedlak's advocacy work in improving the… Continue Reading
- One of our Chief Cardiology Residents is selected for the UBC Clinician Investigator Program The Division congratulates one of our Cardiology Trainees Dr. Thomas Roston on being selected for the UBC Clinician Investigator Program. This is a funded two-year research program. Dr. Roston has… Continue Reading
- Dr. Tara Sedlak Hosts Women’s Heart Health Day We hope you wore Red on February 13 in support of Women's Heart Health Day! Dr. Tara Sedlak, the Medical Director of the Leslie Diamond Women's Heart Health Clinic, hosted this successful… Continue Reading
- Dr. Andrew Krahn wins Killam Research Prize We are pleased to announce that our Head of UBC Division of Cardiology Dr. Andrew Krahn has won the prestigious Killam Research Prize in recognition of his excellence in research… Continue Reading
- Welcome Dr. Janar Sathananthan The UBC Division welcomes Dr.Janarthanan (Janar) Sathananthan (BHB, MBChB, MPH, FRACP) as a new academic interventional Cardiologist. Dr. Sathananthan graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) from the University of Auckland (Distinction) and… Continue Reading