WELCOME TO THE UBC DIVISIONS OF CARDIOLOGY & CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY
The UBC Divisions of Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery are internationally recognized for our comprehensive range of tertiary and quaternary cardiovascular services and programs, delivered at several sites in British Columbia, including world-renowned St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia Hospital, and Mount Saint Joseph Hospital.
Click here to read about Our world-renowned cardiologists and cardiac surgeons who work closely with resident doctors, allied health professionals, and researchers to provide exemplary general and specialized cardiac care to patients across the province.
Click here for information on how to prepare for your appointment and cardiac tests, our locations and contact information, our current clinical trials, and information on your specific test or condition.
FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
Click here for the Regional Cardiology Referral Form for all our cardiologists and general and specialty clinics, referral forms for our diagnostic investigations, and information on our specialty clinics. Also click here for information about our research and training programs.
- Dr. Christina Luong succeeds in the Heart and Stroke Grant-in-Aid competition. Congratulations to Dr. Christina Luong on her success at the Heart and Stroke Grant-in-Aid competition. Her proposal is entitled: Machine Learning Empowered Cardiac Ultrasound for the Management of Acute Coronary… Continue Reading
- Congratulations to Dr. Lynn Straatman, selected as an “Exceptional Preceptor.” Dr. Lynn Straatman is recognized as an Exceptional Preceptor for the UBC Palliative Care Program. She was chosen by Family Practice Residents as having significantly contributed to their learning and overall… Continue Reading
- Outgoing Division Head Dr. Andrew Krahn Welcomes our New Division Head, Dr. Jasmine Grewal I am pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Jasmine Grewal as Head, UBC Division of Cardiology, for a five-year term effective February 16, 2023. Dr. Grewal is a Clinical… Continue Reading
- Our Upcoming Lead (Chief) Cardiology Resident Dr. Miles Marchand Receives the 2023 CMA Young Leader’s Award Our second year Cardiology Resident and also upcoming Lead (Chief) Cardiology Resident Dr. Miles Marchand is one of 2 resident recipients of this year’s 2023 CMA Young Leaders Award. From… Continue Reading
- Learn about our Hearts in Rhythm Organization (HiRO) team headed by Dr. Andrew Krahn. Please see the attached document about The Hearts in Rhythm Organization (HiRO), a Canadian network dedicated to improving awareness and understanding of inherited heart conditions, standardizing care, and preventing the… Continue Reading