WELCOME TO THE UBC DIVISIONS OF CARDIOLOGY & CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY
The UBC Divisions of Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery are internationally recognized for our comprehensive range of tertiary and quaternary cardiovascular services and programs, delivered at several sites in British Columbia, including world-renowned St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia Hospital, and Mount Saint Joseph Hospital.
Click here for the Regional Cardiology Referral Form for all our cardiologists and general and specialty clinics, referral forms for our diagnostic investigations, and information on our specialty clinics. Also click here for information about our research and training programs.
- We are committed to patient care during the COVID19 Pandemic Patients are advised to understand the symptoms of the new coronavirus that causes the COVID19 disease, as well as know when to go to their family doctor or emergency room… Continue Reading
- The UBC Cardiology Program receives recommendation for full accreditation by the Royal College Under the leadership of Dr. Graham Wong, our Program Director for the UBC Adult Cardiology Training Program, we underwent a full review with Royal College accreditors, who then recommended that… Continue Reading
- Dr. Tara Sedlak Wins the 2020 Canadian Women’s Heart Health Advocacy Award We are extremely pleased to announce that Dr. Tara Sedlak has won the 2020 Canadian Women's Heart Health Advocacy Award. This prestigious award recognizes Dr. Sedlak's advocacy work in improving the… Continue Reading
- One of our Chief Cardiology Residents is selected for the UBC Clinician Investigator Program The Division congratulates one of our Cardiology Trainees Dr. Thomas Roston on being selected for the UBC Clinician Investigator Program. This is a funded two-year research program. Dr. Roston has… Continue Reading
- Dr. Tara Sedlak Hosts Women’s Heart Health Day We hope you wore Red on February 13 in support of Women's Heart Health Day! Dr. Tara Sedlak, the Medical Director of the Leslie Diamond Women's Heart Health Clinic, hosted this successful… Continue Reading
- Dr. Andrew Krahn wins Killam Research Prize We are pleased to announce that our Head of UBC Division of Cardiology Dr. Andrew Krahn has won the prestigious Killam Research Prize in recognition of his excellence in research… Continue Reading
- Welcome Dr. Janar Sathananthan The UBC Division welcomes Dr. Janarthanan (Janar) Sathananthan (BHB, MBChB, MPH, FRACP) as a new academic interventional Cardiologist. Dr. Sathananthan graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) from the University of Auckland (Distinction) and… Continue Reading
- 16th Annual Hot Topics in Cardiology Join us at the 16th Annual Hot Topics in Cardiology! This 1-day conference is hosted by the UBC Division of Cardiology and provides an update on key aspects of cardiovascular disease management, with an emphasis… Continue Reading
- Sudden Death Syndrome Learn about Sudden Death Syndrome and the potential genetic implications in this video featuring Dr. Andrew Krahn, the Head of UBC Division of Cardiology at https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/videos/sudden-death-syndrome. Continue Reading
- Benefits and Potential Limits of Exercise Interested in the benefits and potential limits of exercise? Worried about how much exercise is safe if you have heart disease? Rattled by stories of athletes who still end up… Continue Reading